Friday, June 26, 2009

Off to AZ...

Today I took the day off. One of the best things about the BLM is a system called "MaxFlex." Essentially, every hour worked past eight hours in a single day can be accrued and later used as time off. For example, I could work ten-hour days Monday through Thursday and then take Friday off. I haven't been working ten-hour days, but most days I do work 8.5 or 9. So today I decided not to go to work, and instead to do laundry, visit the humane society, and run errands.

This evening I'm headed to Buffalo, WY to meet up with some other people that work in the BLM field office there. Then tomorrow morning we're all headed down to Grand Canyon National Park in AZ for a week-long training seminar. It will be hot, and probably boring, but maybe... just maybe I'll get to see a Kaibab Squirrel!

Needless to say, it won't be until after the 4th before I'll be able to post again. I hope you all are doing well, and enjoy the upcoming holiday!

No comments: